1. Date and time: Saturday, March 31, 14:00～
2. Venue: Faculty of Philosophy, University of Sarajevo
3. Organizers: Faculty of Philosophy, University of Sarajevo; Embassy of Japan in BH
Sponsors: Toyota BH; Japan Foundation
Myself and Japan
(Contestants should have knowledge of the GENKI 1 textbook)
Japanese Things or Systems That I Want to Introduce to Bosnia & Herzegovina
(Contestants should have knowledge of the GENKI 2 textbook)
The contestants should express their personal views, not only general information on Japan.
a. Speech length: around 3 minutes - If the speech is shorter than 2:30 min, the contestant will be given negative points. - If the speech is longer than 3:30 min, the contestant will be stopped.
b. After the application and proposed text for the contest are submitted, the text can undergo minor changes if the contestant decides to do so, however any significant text modification will not be allowed.
c. The submitted text should not have been previously announced or published.
d. During the contest, the contestants will not be allowed to read the text prepared but will be able to use short text notes, which need to be submitted and officially approved and stamped at the register office before the beginning of the contest.
e. Every speech will be followed by a brief Q&A session.
6. Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
a. BH residency.
b. Applicants should not have stayed in Japan for longer than 1 month.
7. Application procedure: Application form is available at the Embassy of Japan and its website. Completed application form and the speech text (in Japanese) need to be sent to email@example.com .
＊＊＊ Application form ＊＊＊
After receiving your submission, we will send you a receipt confirmation email within 3 days. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact the Japanese Embassy (Tel. (+ 387) 33-277-500).
8. Application deadline: Sunday, March 11.
9. FIRST Selection: will be made based on the quality of the speech text (those who pass the first selection will be allowed to participate in the contest). All applicants will be informed of the first selection results via e-mail.
- Prizes will be given to the best contestants.
- The winner of the Second Group contest will receive a return plane ticket to Japan, sponsored by Toyota BH.
- In case the winner is under 18 years of age, parental approval is required to go to Japan.
- In case the winner is 14 years old or younger, or has visited Japan through a Japanese Government-related program within the past year, the prize will be awarded to the second best contestant instead.