The Second Speech Contest will take place as follows:
1. Date and time: Saturday, March 19, 16:00h
2. Venue: Veterinary Faculty, Sarajevo University
3. Organizers: University of Sarajevo Sponsor: Embassy of Japan in BiH and Shimadzu Ltd. Japan Foundaton suport program
4. Theme: Japan - preferrably the contestant's own link to, experience, idea of Japan. The contestant should express his/her personal views, not only general information on Japan.
a. Speech length: cca 3min - If the speech is shorter than 2:30min, the contestant will be given negative points. - If the speech is longer than 3:30 min, the contestant will be stopped.
b. After the application and proposed text for the contest are submitted, the text can undergo minor changes if the contestant decides to do so, however any significant text modification will not be allowed.
c. The submitted text should not have been previously announced or published.
d. During the contest, the contestant will not be allowed to read the text prepared but will be able to use short text notes. These need to be submitted and officially approved and stamped at the register office before the beginning of the contest.
e. Every speech will be followed by brief Q&A session.
6. Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria
a. BiH residency.
b. Applicants should not have stayed for longer than 1 month in Japan.
c. Applicants should not have had study experience abroad.
7. Application procedure: Application form is available at Embassy of Japan and UNSA websites. Completed application form and the speech text (in Japanese) need be sent to email@example.com.
8. Application deadline: Monday, March 7.
9. FIRST Selection: will be made based on the quality of the speech text (those who pass the first selection will be allowed to participate in the contest). All applicants will be informed of the first selection results by Friday, March 11.
10. NOTE: Prizes will be given to good contestants. The winner of the contest will receive return plane ticket to Japan, sponsored by Shimadzu Ltd. (In case the winner is under 18 or who has visited Japan through the Japanese Government related program within last one year, the prize will be changed to the second best).
Anouncement of the Second Speech Contest
February 25, 2016